Skills 2 Write
Join our creative writing camp from July 6-10 so your child can learn to:
- Generate ideas to write about
- Express their thoughts into words
- Plan out a focused, small moment story
- Add details to make the story more exciting
- Bring characters to life
- Use craft moves that famous authors use
- Use a strong beginning and a powerful story ending
- Revise and edit story
- Illustrate and publish a personal narrative
Each session is two hours and will have a 6:1 ratio for your child.
Skills 2 Write Teacher
Debbie Loerakker is a retired teacher with 23 years of teaching experience in Nevada, Illinois and Arizona. She has been a classroom teacher for Kindergarten through Fourth grades and has worked as a Reading Specialist for grades K-6.
She has a Masters Degree in Elementary Education, a Reading Endorsement and is a National Board Certified Teacher.
Debbie has a passion for teaching and she has received extensive training from the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project at Columbia University. She has taught classroom writing instruction, as well as trained and coached many teachers in reading and writing instruction.